» Cape Town » Cape Town » Cape Town
Price varies by group sizeLowest Price Guarantee
Pricing Info: Per Person
Duration: 168 hours
Departs: Cape Town, Cape Town
Ticket Type: Mobile or paper ticket accepted
Walking 100kms through Namaqualand at the peak of the flowering season is a truly breathtaking trip – and the best way of experiencing the wonder of flowers in this semi-desert region. Many of the plant species found in Namaqualand are endemic and found nowhere else in the world. Visit places like Namaqua Nature Reserve, with its unique orange daisies, the cultural villages kamieskroon and Garies. Walk the Kammies Mountains - into the “Knersvlakte” with its unique succulents to finish in the Cedarberg Mountains with its funny but beautiful rock formations.
• The distance per day is walked in 6 - 7km stretches, with safari style rest breaks in the veldt, or an interesting cultural or historical stop along the way.
• You meet the locals, eat their food and learn about their history.
• Walking is done on gravel roads without a backpack – no hiking trails.
• Accommodation is mostly on guest farms and in chalets
• A support vehicle and team throughout the day.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) before the scheduled departure time, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) before the scheduled departure time, you will receive a 50% refund.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, you will receive a 0% refund.
© Copyright 1995 - 2023 Cape Town Travel Guide